Friday, March 11, 2011

We are doing well. I had a nice birthday yesterday.  Last year I spent my 40th birthday in the States.  It's hard to believe that was a year ago. We were home for just two weeks then because my grandmother had passed away.  Now we are back in Africa again. Time does fly by.  I tell myself that all the time about the kids.  Our time with them is so fleeting.  They are precious.

Some have wanted an update on my dad with the pancreatic cancer.  He has started his second round of treatment.  It sounds like over all things are going fairly well for him.  This is a chemo and radiation together-daily.  He has a few weeks to go with this.  He should find out soon exactly how long.  Thanks for your continued inquiries and prayers for him.

Joel starts work on Monday.  He has been helping us get a bit more settled at home this week.  We have a long way to go but are doing alright.  Patience is a must here in Africa!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading...keep posting! It's so good to hear what's going on with you! Nothing quite like getting settled into a new space. Will continue praying for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete